[global-south] Next Global South e-Meeting - April 10 - 1600 UTC + last meeting notes

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed Mar 13 13:53:16 UTC 2019

Hi, our next global south e-meeting is April 10, 1600 UTC.

cheers!,
Gus

***

Global South Meeting Notes - 2019/03/01

Agenda
======

 * Updates
 * Sessions in IFF
 * CryptoRave activities

Updates
=======

 - 28th Feb 2019 - Workshop on proxy Tor with buildroot and with a
   distro on a raspberry pi - emilio (gunnar's LIDSOL), cacu ->
https://ranchoelectronico.org/proxy-tor-modo-facil-y-dificil/
 - Cybelle will do a Tor talk at
   http://womendevsummit.com/programacao/index.html
 - Cherenkov_d submitted a talk for CryptoRave about post-quantum crypto
 - samba added new tor exit node in Costa Rica
   https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/3A4D13F52A4C9A13AD60D94615D4C0B2F5F69E3C
family:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/family:3A4D13F52A4C9A13AD60D94615D4C0B2F5F69E3C
 - Onboarding new volunteers from Sao Paulo University -
   https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam/Projects/GlobalSouth/USPVolunteers
 - Tor training happening in Indonesia (Jakarta, Jogja and Surabaya)
   this week and next week.
 - Tor Project did a Tor training last week in India (Delhi, Bangalore,
   Kochi, Pune, Mumbai)
 - Last days we posted a call to action to test internet connection with
   OONI, related with dirauths. In Mexico Telmex blocks 9 IP of Dirauth
system: https://tor.enjambre.net/convocatoria/ Also we send a formal
recommendation to IFT (Federal Telecommunications Institute) about it.
Next step, start a legal process against Telmex through the IFT. The IFT
is in charge of regulating the rules of net neutrality and
telecommunications in Mexico.
 - Gunnar article: Distributed Detection of Tor Directory Authorities
   Censorship in Mexico
https://nube.iiec.unam.mx/s/s8gyW87PMGLwHkJ#pdfviewer
 - Global South participation in IFF: cy, jacobo, emma, sambar, gus are
   going to IFF.

Sessions in IFF
 - Gus will check if it's possible to organize a roundtable about global
   south work.

CryptoRave activities
=====================

 - Action: submit tor talk (beginner) and tor meetup
 - ask drebs if he can submit a tails talk
 - cherenkov_d submitted a talk about post-quantum crypto!

Next Global South e-meeting: april 10 - 1600 UTC

== NEXT ==

* Next Tor ideas for Global South

* Rightscon will be in Tunis this year, anyone is going?
https://www.rightscon.org
- Tor Project is probably going

* onionshare2 is out - needed translation for global-south?
   https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/onionshare/translations/
   https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-onionshare-2