[global-south] Events in Global South

Alison Macrina alison at torproject.org
Wed May 30 19:57:02 UTC 2018

On 05/30/2018 09:09 AM, gus wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> After Primavera Hacker (2017) and CryptoRave (2018), I'm starting to
> map events that *will* happen in global south and that we/you think it's
> interesting to others Tor contributors to be aware of.

Thanks for collecting these Gus. Let's see if we can get Tor talks
happening at a few of these. Any of them in particular that you think we
should focus on?

> Please, add your contribution in this list here:
>
> # Technical & tech community
>
> start - end, country, event, website
> 20180711 - 20180714, Brasil, FISL, http://fisl.org.br
> 20180926 - 20180928, Argentina, Ekoparty, http://ekoparty.org
> 20181017 - 20181019, Brasil, Latinoware, http://latinoware.org/
> 20181104 - 20181107, Brasil, Fórum da Internet no Brasil, https://forumdainternet.cgi.br/
>
> # Internet governance & freedom
>
> 20180927 - 20180929, Ghana, Internet Freedom in Africa, https://cipesa.org/fifafrica/

I'm going to send you a separate email about this one -- some of our
community members in Uganda are interested in giving a Tor talk at this
event. I'll connect us all in the email.

Alison