[global-south] Stauts of Global South Projects

Rafael Bonifaz rafael at bonifaz.ec
Wed Apr 11 01:45:35 UTC 2018

El 10/04/18 a las 13:22, George escribió:
> [....]
> You're not *missing* it, but I'm wondering about determining two or
> three annual events like open source cons in LATAM that the TPO could
> focus on, meaning:
>
> * have a table with swag
>
> * submit presentations
>
> * have a relay ops meeting as a BoF
>
> * make sure there's a decent number of people attending from TPO, even
> if it means dealing with travel costs
>
> Starting a consistent presence at some events matters... since those you
> see annually gives us credibility.
The Latin American Free Software Festival (FLISOL) would be on April 28.
It is not actually a conference, but hundreds of conferences distributed
all over Latin America in 20 countries.[1] This has been happening in a
very distributed way every year since 2005.

I think that a simple thing like a blog post in the Tor blog that:
    *Congratulates the Free Software community in Latin America for the
promoting of freedom in the digital era for 14 consecutive years.
    *Encourage people to promote and teach Tor and other privacy tools
during the event.
    *Ask people who are going to talk about Tor to let the Tor Project
know about them.
    *Invite those who are promoting Tor to this mailing list, and it
would be nice to have a tor-talk-es@ and tor-talk-pt@ mailing list and
invite people to join.

This is a nice importunity that happens one time in the year. It would
help the Free Software community learn about Tor and it would also help
Tor to learn about people who are actually promoting Tor, but are not
close to the project.

What do you think? I would be more than happy to come up with a draft.

Best regards,

Rafael

[1] http://www.flsol.info/

--