[global-south] Mudar nome de global-south - (/bin/mv -i -v global-south 'DEST')

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at debian.org
Mon Oct 23 23:14:06 UTC 2017

Vasilis dijo [Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 07:25:00PM +0000]:
> Oi!
>
> Starting this thread for a descriptive and nicer name than the global-south.
>
> Potential names proposed during/around the Tor meeting:
> * notEUS
> * lava
> * LATAM

Ummm... "Global South" has some bad things, yes, but it is clearly
more descriptive and reaching than the other proposed ones. LATAM
could work, if you restrict the scope of the group to Latin America
(am unsure if it aligns with the general feeling)...

Note that, as a Mexican, "Global South" feels a bit inadequate, as we
are clearly North-Hemispheric (although there is an undeniable
North-South divide, not denying that). I would be happy in a "Global
South" group. I would be happy in a LATAM group (is it an endorsement
for the airline group by that name?) But we _are_ excluding Africa,
Asia, Oceania...

Maybe if a better understanding of the group's _definition_ is found,
a fitting name will emerge naturally out of it?