[global-south] Meet about future Global South outreach funding

Alison Macrina alison at torproject.org
Mon Nov 13 15:07:00 UTC 2017

isabela:
> On 11/7/17 16:08, Alison Macrina wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I wrote this message to some people individually, but it's better if
>> more of us are there, so I'm now forwarding it to this list.
>>
>> Some of us attempted to have a meeting today about Global South outreach
>> funding, but timezones are hard and they get more difficult when you add
>> daylight savings time, so we failed.
>>
>> However, this is a good opportunity to include more people in this
>> conversation. So let's find a time to meet in #tor-meeting and talk
>> about what kinds of funding Tor could seek out for Global South
>> outreach. What do we want to get funding for, how much, and for how
>> long? What funders should we approach? For example, we need to get real
>> funding for LatAm Tor meetups, since Tor doesn't have that much money to
>> send all the people who need to attend.
>>
>> Can we meet on Monday November 13, at 2100 UTC? (sorry ilv I know you
>> asked for 2000 again, but I realized that I can't meet at that time)
>>
>> I can also meet later than that.
>>
>> Please add anyone that should join to cc.
>>

> Moving my answer to the ML :)
>
> Monday 2100 UTC works for me but also the week after if that works for
> more ppl.
>
> isabela

Hi all,

I'd like to request that we meet on Monday November 20 at 2100 instead
of today. I am sorry for this last minute request, but my phone broke
and the only time I can get it fixed will conflict with this meeting
(I'd do it later but I am flying to France tomorrow). I think that
having the meeting later may encourage more people to come.

Please confirm if the time next week works, and I promise we will stick
to that!!!!

Alison