[global-south] Meet about future Global South outreach funding

Alison Macrina alison at torproject.org
Tue Nov 7 21:08:00 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I wrote this message to some people individually, but it's better if
more of us are there, so I'm now forwarding it to this list.

Some of us attempted to have a meeting today about Global South outreach
funding, but timezones are hard and they get more difficult when you add
daylight savings time, so we failed.

However, this is a good opportunity to include more people in this
conversation. So let's find a time to meet in #tor-meeting and talk
about what kinds of funding Tor could seek out for Global South
outreach. What do we want to get funding for, how much, and for how
long? What funders should we approach? For example, we need to get real
funding for LatAm Tor meetups, since Tor doesn't have that much money to
send all the people who need to attend.

Can we meet on Monday November 13, at 2100 UTC? (sorry ilv I know you
asked for 2000 again, but I realized that I can't meet at that time)

I can also meet later than that.

Please add anyone that should join to cc.
--
Alison Macrina
Community Team Lead