[global-south] Exit notice in Spanish

ilv at torproject.org ilv at torproject.org
Fri Aug 11 20:28:00 UTC 2017

Hi drebs,

On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 04:17:27PM -0400, drebs wrote:
> Hi, ilv. Thanks for starting that, i have some questions:
>
> 1. is there such a thing as a standard tor notice or that is actually
>    meant to be localized/contextualized?

This notice is meant to be localized/contextualized. In [1] you can see
that there is info that should be replaced, like contact information and
legal aspects depending on the country. Of course, these are just suggestions,
the narrative can also be changed or improved. In any case, I think it would
be good to have all of this different/contextualized notices in one place so
it's easier to find them and create new ones, and to have a broader vision of
the various situations and contexts of the region.

> 2. i see you started some legal analysis of the brazilian situation. I
>    find it very important given the (economic and political) disputes over
>    the brazillian internet "bill of rights" (marco civil da internet) and
>    the usual lack of legal support for smaller/autonomous groups i've been
>    in contact with. So the question is: do you (or others in the list) know
>    about other initiatives of legal analysis and support for internet
>    freedom/privacy in brasil?

This is not my field of expertise, but I've been told this would be a good
starting point as well: https://privacyinternational.org/node/979

> thanks again!
> drebs.

Thanks for the interest on this!
Abrazos,

> Quoting ilv at torproject.org (2017-06-17 16:10:03)
> > Hola,
> >
> > I wanted to let you know that at derechos digitales we wrote a basic tor
> > exit notice in spanish. You can find it in [1] and a mirror in [2]. We
> > look forward to receive feedback from the community to improve it (content,
> > ui, etc), hoping that it could be useful to other relay operators. We have
> > also added legal info of some countries. Feedback and contributions in this
> > matter are welcome as well :)
> >
> > [1] https://0xacab.org/tortola/exit-notice
> > [2] https://github.com/derechosdigitales/tor-exit-notice
> >
> > Saludos.