[global-south] next steps from Tor Meeting

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at gwolf.org
Tue Apr 25 04:38:33 UTC 2017

ilv at torproject.org dijo [Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 01:15:22AM -0300]:
> Hola Gunnar, bienvenido! :)

:-D

> > No, I don't think I've met ilv (not by alias, at least). ilv, ¿quién
> > eres? ¿dónde estás?
>
> I've been working with Jacobo from Enjambre Digital to set up relays in
> Mexico (and in Latin America). I'm based in Santiago de Chile (I work in
> the NGO Derechos Digitales).

Great! We had recently Jacobo and Juliana (Chilean) invited to talk
with our small student group at UNAM, and they gave a very good
impression :) Of course, Jacobo is a long-time friend of mine, and I'm
sure we will work on many more projects together.

> I just saw your last email to the list about the relay in UNAM, that is
> awesome! Thanks for that. I'm really interested in getting in touch with
> people that run relays at universities in Latin America, and I'm also very
> interested in what teor said about Mexican ISPs blocking tor clients and
> directory authorities, so I'll be contacting you soon enough, if you're
> ok with that :)

I'm more than OK with that. And I can probably rally up some friends
in some other Latin American universities to get active on this
regard. At least, to try their luck :)