[global-south] next steps from Tor Meeting

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Tue Apr 18 16:55:00 UTC 2017

Hi Fumiko,

Fumiko:
> It is very quiet in here...
>
> About the Tor meeting in the southern part of the planet, I'm not sure
> in what extent I could contribute to organizing and planning it, since
> I'm not living in there right now.

It's okay if you don't live there! We can all still benefit from
feedback about what cities might be a better fit than others. I'm
working on a pad right now where I'm breaking down cost, travel times,
and some other factors for the main cities we discussed at the AMS
meeting. I'll share that within a few hours.

> I think I can be more useful particularly in creating/providing
> resources in spanish for the local Tor meetups and for the ultimate Tor
> meeting. Really, there isn't much non-sensacionalist, positive,
> accurate, and updated info about the Tor project in audio/video/graphics
> in spanish. I think these are quite important to expand the knowledge
> about Tor in latinamerican communities.

That would be really useful. We are working on the very early stages of
outreach.torproject.org, and that would be a perfect place to host
materials like this. Right now, we only have things like this:
https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/tor-brochure/tor-brochure-es.pdf.