[anti-censorship-team] Identify from which continent people connect from

mxz+tor-anti-censorship-team at mxzero.de mxz+tor-anti-censorship-team at mxzero.de
Wed Mar 22 17:13:57 UTC 2023

On 3/21/23 10:28, David Fifield wrote:

> It sounds like they are referring to "Hot or Not: Revealing Hidden
> Services by their Clock Skew" from 2006.
>
> https://www.freehaven.net/anonbib/#HotOrNot
>
> Section 5.3 is about geolocation.
>
>> Longitude could simply be found by finding the daily peak temperature
>> to establish local time. To find latitude, the change in day length
>> over a reasonably long period could be used. ... national holidays or
>> when daylight saving time comes into effect might be evident

Impressive. Thanks!

https://www.freehaven.net/anonbib/ seems to be a great collection of
papers in anonymity. Are there other websites I may not know of
specifically about anonymity, privacy, and similar?