[anti-censorship-team] How much traffic is Snowflake sending to stunprotocol.org

Cecylia Bocovich cohosh at torproject.org
Sat Dec 31 17:28:11 UTC 2022

On 12/27/22 15:41, John Selbie wrote:
> Thank you Cecylia.  I think this is a good plan.  I like the idea of
> stun.stunprotocol.org <http://stun.stunprotocol.org> being "in the
> rotation" for these nodes.  Just not the "exclusive default" unless a
> user manually configures it that way.  Does that work for you?

Sounds good. Here's the issue where we're tracking the changes:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/-/issues/40241

It could be a few weeks until you see the traffic drop. Snowflake is
distributed and there are a variety of update channels we have to push
changes to. For the client traffic, we're dependent on the Tor Browser
release schedule.

- Cecylia