[anti-censorship-team] TorCloak Pluggable Transport

Francisco Silva franciscoasilva at tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Fri Aug 26 17:07:35 UTC 2022

Good evening,

My name is Francisco Silva and, together with Professor Nuno Santos and
Professor Diogo Barradas, am part of a research team [1] within the
Distributed Systems Group at INESC-ID Lisbon [2]/IST [3]. Our research
focuses on _systems security and privacy._

We are currently developing a new Tor Pluggable Transport called
TorCloak. TorCloak's basic mechanism is to conceale Tor traffic on the
video streams of WebRTC-based video conferencing services.

We are now coming to a stage on our project in which we are discussing
solutions to disseminate our bridges. In the attached file we present a
small draft of our proposed solution. This solution is geared towards
leveraging the bridge distribution infrastructure already made available
by the Tor project and make the process of establishing a bridge
connection as simple as possible for the user.

We would appreciate your feedback on this solution and, if possible,
work with us through the limitations and technicalities of such
implementation.

Please let us know if you have any questions. You can reach us via email
or Matrix. Looking forward to working with you.

--
Best regards,

Francisco Silva

franciscoasilva at tecnico.ulisboa.pt