[anti-censorship-team] Firefox Add-ons policy changes 2021-12-01

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sun Nov 7 20:31:33 UTC 2021

Mozilla will change the policy for add-ons on December 1:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2021/11/03/add-on-policy-changes-2021/
https://extensionworkshop.com/documentation/publish/add-on-policies-dec-2021/

By my reading, the parts that may apply to us have to do with a privacy
policy and possible consent form. From the blog:

> If your add-on collects technical data, user interaction data, or
> personal data, you must show a consent experience at the first run of
> the add-on.

> Most add-ons require a privacy policy. For add-ons listed on
> addons.mozilla.org, the policy must be included in the listing in its
> full text.

I don't think the Snowflake add-on currently has a privacy policy on
addons.mozilla.org.