[anti-censorship-team] Question about running a snowflake proxy

meskio meskio at torproject.org
Tue Jun 29 08:21:09 UTC 2021

Quoting Matthew Finkel (2021-06-28 23:47:01)
> Dropping this here in case anyone wants to answer them:
> https://blog.torproject.org/comment/292032#comment-292032
>
> I'm assuming they are referring to running a standalone proxy along
> with obfs4proxy.

I'll paste it here so people don't need to go to the blog comment:
> Are there issues in running a snowflake proxy while running an obsf4 bridge?
> What should operators of other types of nodes know?

That is an interesting question. I would assume many censors block completely
the IP addresses they find having a bridge, so if a bridge shares the IP address
with a snowflake proxy they might both get block if the censor finds one or the
other. So having different IP addresses for them will be more effective.

--
meskio | https://meskio.net/