[anti-censorship-team] Crash in Snowflake users since 2021-01-17

Cecylia Bocovich cohosh at torproject.org
Tue Jan 19 17:59:00 UTC 2021

Hi David,

I'm able to use snowflake on the command line, but not in Tor Browser.
This seems to be due to this bug:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40282

I'm a bit surprised that it took so long for the issue to be reflected
in snowflake statistics, I also hadn't run across it myself until I
tried to change my Tor Browser config after reading this email. Philipp
and I are talking with the browser and core tor developers about a fix.
I'm a little surprised we are only finding out about this now. But, it
seems to not be an issue with Snowflake itself.

Cecylia