[anti-censorship-team] goptlib's git repository, and its (recent) source code

Vinicius Zavam egypcio at riseup.net
Sun Sep 27 12:49:09 UTC 2020

olá Anti-censorship Team,

I write to you to share the current status of "goptlib" and its git
repositories, plus mirrors (and the source code).

As maintainer of "a few" packages depending on goptlib, I missed an
updated version of its main git repo
(git.tpo/pluggable-transports/goptlib) into the actual GitHub Orga. of
the Tor Project (@torproject), or any official mirror like the ones
hosted at the new GitLab server - AFAIK, most people relied on @ahf's
GitHub sync in the past (also not up to date).

  - FYI: packages depending on goptlib which were recently ported into
*BSD include the OONI Probe CLI

So, I took the chance of getting a synced copy into the TorBSD's goptlib
repo (github.com/torbsd/goptlib) - which was sadly also with an outdated
version of the source code.

  - I took the already existing repo, and just synced it; did not create
or change anything.

This move is based on the lack of support of the ports frameworks we
currently use on OpenBSD/FreeBSD/NetBSD; they work nicely with GitHub's
or GitLab's API, but not with cgit(web). another solution for that would
be serving a tarball via https://dist.tpo (but I did not find any).

I would be pretty much happy to help and would volunteer myself to keep
it always on track, should any extra hands are needed here; but I have a
couple questions:

  - should my GH account be linked to tpo's (@torproject)?

  - would you like us (TorBSD/tdp) to sign any additional sync or commit?

  - how oft should we sync (or/and sign)?

  - is it fine to keep the current updated repo, or would you like us to
"deprecate" it?

  - any other suggestions, ideas or objections?

You can reach out to me via email or on IRC (my key+info are on
https://tpo/about/people page)

That's it... and TYVM for the hard work! Muito obrigado :)

KR,

--
Vinicius Zavam
https://keybase.io/egypcio