[anti-censorship-team] Better bridge distribution methods

Tom hxxtom at gmail.com
Fri May 1 01:22:43 UTC 2020

On 5/1/20 7:04 AM, Philipp WInter wrote:
> (Moving this discussion to anti-censorship-team at .  See below for
> context.)
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:35:48PM +0000, soncyq47 wrote:
>> ---MY EMAIL HAS 3 PARTS SO PLEASE READ IT ALL---
>> [...]
>>
>> /2./ I have a theory for why paid VPNs get blocked less, maybe the
>> operators of the GFW can't get access to an American credit card, so
>> the VPN doesn't have to worry about IP distribution, just the
>> encryption algorithm. [...]

I know lots of people in China using Linode and Google Cloud which also
a credit card. They only support the credit card like VISA or MasterCard
instead of China UnionPay card. So it isn't too hard if someone wants to
get the card, especially is GFW who be described as "unlimited fund" by
GFW technology review blog.

They don't block the IP just because a few people use it. Yes, the
credit card it did block a lot of people:(

>> /3./ What about SMS distribution. I know there are tricks to get lots
>> of numbers, but what I've seen is usually limited to one country, so
>> we could just separate area codes into different distribution buckets.

SMS is not a good idea to me. Chinese +86 phone numbers must be real
name verification to using (due to against like telephone crimes). Using
these number received the SMS will break the anonymity.

--
tomacat