[anti-censorship-team] Next week's reading group: Adoption and Abandonment of VPNs

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Wed Jul 15 19:36:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 09:46:30AM -0400, Cecylia Bocovich wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> Our next anti-censorship reading group will take place on July 23 at the
> end of our usual meeting at 16:00 UTC.
>
> The reading next week is a new paper being presented at the Privacy
> Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS) this week titled:
>
> "Emotional and Practical Considerations Towards the Adoption and
> Abandonment of VPNs as a Privacy-Enhancing Technology"
>
> Link to the paper:
> https://petsymposium.org/2020/files/papers/issue1/popets-2020-0006.pdf
>

> This talk will be live streamed tomorrow (Thursday) July 16th in the
> censorship session that runs from 12:40–13:55 ET (16:40-17:55 UTC) at
> the following link (along with some other talks that may be interesting
> to this group): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDgAuuilZk

The VPN talk is actually in the earlier Users session, 09:30–11:10 ET
(13:30–15:10 UTC).
https://sites.events.concordia.ca/sites/pets2020/en/pets2020/schedule/168/Track:%20Users
Live talk with Q&A: https://youtu.be/3aSO4ZMKjmY
Prerecorded talk: https://youtu.be/jksejehBQII

Here's the Censorship session (later the same day):
https://sites.events.concordia.ca/sites/pets2020/en/pets2020/schedule/112/Track:%20Censorship