[anti-censorship-team] Meeting to create roadmap: January 21st, 17UTC

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Tue Jan 21 15:43:52 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:29:33PM -0800, Gaba wrote:
> > Working pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/v7I_LqbS3EuBO0CP8Y74
>
> The working pad includes the sponsored projects we have and a list of
> possible issues/tickets for each activity. Please, add anything else
> (with a ticket or without one) that may needs to be done when completing
> each activity. We will discuss about this in the meeting.

What would be useful for me here is for the team to come up with three
to ten "goal statements", which are the high level categories of what's
going to be different in the world once we do them.

That way, when we're doing "upgrade pion version in snowflake", we can
know *why* we're doing it, and be in a position to (a) realize that
it's no longer the best way to move that goal forward, and/or (b)
agilely identify and file tickets for other things we need to do to
reach the goal.

Bonus points if (some of) the goals are user oriented, i.e. trying to
change things from the user's perspective.

Hopefully the goal statements become obvious as we look at, sort, and
prioritize the existing tickets. But maybe we also look to our proposals
and statements-of-work to remind ourselves of big-picture areas we want
to work toward.

Then a piece of the retrospective afterwards can be "how are we doing
at those goals?" rather than just "how many of the tickets did we get to?"

But all of this said, I will defer to Gaba if she feels this is not a
helpful way forward. :)

I will aim to be at the roadmapping meeting, but I have a board meeting
right before it so I might be somewhat late.

--Roger