[anti-censorship-team] Future of Traffic obfusication

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun Jun 9 22:35:58 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 09:52:29PM +0000, Free Beer wrote:
> for countries where both Tor and Tor bridges are blocked by a firewall,
>you can configure Tor Browser to use ShadowsocksR (SSR) as a proxy
>server. I put a quick 1'19" proof-of-concept video up on YouTube with the
>title Tor?????????+ShadowsocksR(SSR)??????????????? Client Configuration:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRGZ4dOYv1Q

Neat.

Check out this trac ticket for a related idea:
https://bugs.torproject.org/28556

Is there some programmatic way that Tor Browser could recognize that
ShadowsocksR is running on the same host? If so, it could offer that
proxy as one of the options in the transports drop-down menu, which
could make everything more fun for users.

--Roger