[anti-censorship-team] Best (simple) obfs4 deployment url?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun Jul 28 05:47:24 UTC 2019

Hi Philipp!

I am finishing up my Defcon slides, and I realized I don't know where
to point people for setting up obfs4 bridges.

Google sends me to https://support.torproject.org/operators/operators-6/
but I bet that's not up-to-date (but maybe it should become up-to-date).

On the tor-relays list I see
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports/obfs4proxy
which is (a) a really long url, and (b) an intimidatingly long page.

And I hear irl is working a 'tor-bridge' meta-deb:
https://bugs.torproject.org/31153

So: assuming I want to tell a bunch of people to do something in a week
and a half, using a url they can hastily scribble down from my slide,
what should I tell them? :)

It is ok if the url doesn't say the right thing today but we're confident
it will say the right thing on the morning of Aug 8.

Thanks,
--Roger