[anti-censorship-alerts] [FIRING:1] Snowflake probetest failures

Cecylia Bocovich cohosh at torproject.org
Sat Feb 26 20:27:37 UTC 2022

For what it's worth, this doesn't look like an issue with the NAT probe
test. I've attached a graph of the snowflake polling metrics for the
last few hours. When the probe test fails, we see a very gradual drop in
the number of known NAT types and a rise in unknown NAT types. Here, we
see a sudden drop in restricted NAT types but no corresponding rise in
unknowns. This may indicate an issue with proxies, or an issue with the
broker reporting these metrics, or it could be some natural periodic
behaviour.