[anti-censorship-alerts] [FIRING:1] Snowflake probetest failures

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Wed Apr 6 08:33:39 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 06, 2022 at 08:23:41AM +0000, meskio wrote:
> Quoting meskio (2022-04-05 20:11:37)
> > It looks like the 'unkown' NAT proxies are going up pretty fast while other NATs
> > go down. I got into the server, but I don't see it being overloaded or any
> > obvious problem. I restarted probetest, let's see if it gets back to normal.
>
> The restart seems to have solved the problem :)

Ok great, but, that means the "nat prober can't keep up" issue isn't a
scalability bottleneck, it is a bug in the nat prober -- where sometimes
it decides to stop probing, for reasons we don't understand?

If so, then better load balancing
(https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/team/-/issues/75)
won't necessarily solve the issue.

--Roger