[anti-censorship-alerts] monit alert -- Status failed gettor-email-test

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Mon Jun 1 16:51:27 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 06:52:55PM -0400, Cecylia Bocovich wrote:
> Just looked into this and GetTor seems fine. There are no error messages
> in the logs and I got my own test email.
>
> I'd suggest increasing the response wait time to 2 min for GetTor, it
> seems to be a bit slower than BridgeDB in responding to emails and we're
> getting a few false positives.

Good idea.  It now waits for two minutes instead of one:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/monit-configuration/-/commit/930bcbc9bf1ad7c9a7fcdcb709e70b53d18589b8

I think the real problem was that Gmail marked GetTor's responses as
spam.  I taught Gmail that it's not spam -- hopefully it will remember.

Cheers,
Philipp