Duplicate tor browser icons on Debian 13 / GNOME 48
Hello, Thank you very much for developing Throne. I really appreciate your work on the client. I have a small issue/question. After installing tor browser, two separate Throne icons appear in the GNOME application menu, almost as if the application has been installed twice. I’ve attached a screenshot showing the issue. My system information: - *OS:* Debian GNU/Linux 13 (trixie) - *Architecture:* 64-bit - *GNOME:* 48 - *Windowing System:* Wayland - *Kernel:* Linux 6.12.101+deb13-amd64 - *Firmware Version:* GGCN49WW Is this a known issue, or could there be two different .desktop entries being installed? Thank you again for your work. Best regards
Hi,
I have a small issue/question. After installing tor browser, two separate Throne icons appear in the GNOME application menu, almost as if the application has been installed twice.
I’ve attached a screenshot showing the issue.
It seems you have installed both Tor Browser and Tor Browser Launcher. You can opt to remove either one of them. To uninstall Tor Browser Launcher: - If installed from the apt repos, simple run: apt remove torbrowser-launcher - If installed from flatpak, you can run [1]: flatpak uninstall torbrowser-launcher To uninstall Tor Browser [2]: First, navigate to the directory where you unzipped the tar file. Fire up a terminal in that exact directory and run this: ./start-tor-browser.desktop --unregister-app ...and then delete the Tor Browser folder. cheers, -- ebanam [1]: https://docs.flathub.org/docs/for-users/uninstallation [2]: https://support.torproject.org/tor-browser/getting-started/uninstalling/#lin...
participants (2)
-
ebanam -
fa