[ux] FOSS Backstage Design – a new conference on Open Source UX & Design

Sven Spiller | FOSS Backstage news at foss-backstage.de
Thu Nov 30 17:35:19 UTC 2023

Dear Tor UX-team,

I'm one of the organizers of FOSS Backstage Design
<https://24.foss-backstage.de/#fossdesign> — a sub-event of FOSS
Backstage, <https://24.foss-backstage.de> where we want to gather
everyone interested in User Experience & Design in Free and Open Source
software projects. I'm writing to you today because I think our event
might be relevant to you.

*About FOSS Backstage Design
*At #FOSSDesign we want to dedicate an entire day to UX & Design in Open
Source. Building a great user experience for FOSS projects comes with
special challenges, which is why we think those challenges should be
discussed at a dedicated event. As a sub-event of FOSS Backstage we want
to bring people from different FOSS projects together to exchange ideas
and discuss best practices.

*Where & When
*FOSS Backstage Design will take place at Wikimedia Berlin
<https://osm.org/go/0MbETqkce?m=&node=2551527703> on March 6th – the day
after FOSS Backstage 2024.

*Tickets
*Tickets for #FOSSDesign are available either as a 10€ upgrade for your
FOSS Backstage ticket <https://24.foss-backstage.de/#tickets> or stand
alone for 25€ granting access only to FOSS Backstage Design through our
ticket shop <https://24.foss-backstage.de/fossdesign/tickets/> – both
options of course include food and drinks.

*Call for Participation
*We are looking for a diverse range of sessions and formats all around
the topic of UX and design in Open Source and Free Software: Whether it
is a talk on effective design collaboration, an open discussion on how
to contribute design to OSS, a workshop on accessibility or an
exhibition of best practice examples – anything is possible. Submissions
are possible until January 7th, 2024 using this link
<https://program.foss-backstage.de/ux24/cfp>.

*Sponsoring & Partnership Opportunities
*If you or your organization would like to partner with FOSS Backstage
Design, we'd be thrilled to send you our sponsoring prospectus and
discuss the benefits of sponsoring our event. We offer tailor-made
solutions for every budget and goal — reach out to learn more!

We would love to meet you at the inaugural edition of #FOSSDesign next
year! If you have any questions about our event, please don't hesitate
to reach out.

Best,
Sven