[ux] Target user groups

Sara Sinclair Brody scout at simplysecure.org
Fri Apr 1 16:49:02 UTC 2016

Hi, Noel!

We did do some brainstorming around who would use the style guide, and came
up with a prioritized list as part of the process. You can see the results
of that brainstorming in our etherpad [1].

Are you talking more about end audiences, though? (I.e., the folks who use
Tor projects and the Tor website?) I think that it is possible to create
the first phase of a style guide that fits Tor's "brand", such as it
exists, without going into a detailed analysis of the end user base. The
goal of the style guide is not to create extensive designs e.g. for the
webpage, but to provide basic color and typographic guidelines that will
then inform future designs.

All that said, I believe that Isabela and other members of the project have
been working on identifying the core audience groups for the website. That
work (along with the style guide) will then feed in to future design work
on that space.

:)
Scout

[1]