[tor-talk] One Less Site Blocking Tor (Browser)

joebtfsplk at gmx.com joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sat Nov 7 05:10:27 UTC 2020

On 10/6/20 1:21 PM, Gaba wrote:
> On 10/6/20 10:10 AM, Drew at FoundingDocuments.org wrote:
>> On my next trip to the store I talked with the person at the customer
>> service area, gave them my printout, and tried to explain how great
>> Tor is. It was a good conversation and since the guy was interested
>> in computers we hit it off, and he learned a few things.
>> It wasn’t until a month or two later I used Tor Browser to look at their website. I was very pleased they’d stopped blocking Tor exit nodes. And I’m pleased to report they still don’t block Tor.
>>
> Great story! thanks for sharing it here.
Excellent that the business had a local store & not too far?
Was it by any chance a locally owned store, not a chain or big corp?
I'm not sure that many large co's could or would change their policy
that fast - if it was THEIR policy, not a contract site maintainer's policy.

Now, only about 999,999,999 more sites to go that block TBB.

I've done similar things about TBB, but totally via the web. Mostly, I
don't get replies.
I don't look for TBB being accepted to catch on like wild fire, but any
progress is good.