[tor-talk] Any updates from Tor Project on ioerror?

notfriendly at riseup.net notfriendly at riseup.net
Sun Jun 5 22:22:47 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-05 18:17, Mirimir wrote:
> On 06/05/2016 03:52 PM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:

>> hasn’t been forty years.
>>
>> My dear,
>>
>> Sorry, I can't believe in someone who is using Jake's own name for
>> posting
>> anonimously articles offending him, his reputation and his work.
>
> I totally agree. "jacobappelbaum.net at yandex.com" is being a jerk. Their
> behavior suggests that Jacob is just the target of a witch-hunt.
>
>> You want to humiliate him.  It is being a public lynching, real moral
>> harassment.
>
> Indeed. I'm wondering whether this is one of the Tor haters, leveraging
> the situation to amplify the grief. Maybe even playing some Tor devs.
>
>> Sorry, you are not being a victim.  Now, in this exact moment, you are
>> acting just exactly like the people you said that were wrong and it is
>> really disgusting.
>>
>> **  Transparency and coherence, please.  **
>>
>> I am an old grumpy lady with a pretty strong flu and an even more
>> terrible
>> English, really trying to read everything you post here.  I think I
>> deserve
>> a bit more of logic and respect, please.  This thing you are doing is
>> really offensive not just for Jake, but for my poor neurons too!
>> :((((
>
> It's cool to encounter another sane adult :)
>
>> Cecilia

I also agree with this. At the very least the poster could of used his
real name and not used anonymity to harm someone's reputation. I'm not
saying the person doesn't have the right to privacy. At least an alias
or a pseudonym but using the guys name was just wrong. We have to
remember that there are two sides to every story but we also need to
make sure that we make every effort to prove each side and then come to
an agreed upon conclusion.