[tor-talk] Tor Friendly Emial Services.

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sat Apr 23 04:33:43 UTC 2016

On 2/16/2016 10:14 AM, blobby at openmailbox.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here are some Tor friendly e-mail providers. None of these want SMS
> validation. Some have onion links but please check yourself for the
> correct URL.
>
> Do you know of any we can add to this list? Any onion only sites? Any
> comments on these services?
>
> Bitmessage.ch - https://bitmessage.ch/
>
> Cock.li - https://cock.li/ (various domains available).
>
> Mailbox.org - https://mailbox.org/
>
> ProtonMail - https://protonmail.com/ (need invite).
>
> RiseUp - https://help.riseup.net/ (need invite).
>
> RuggedInbox - https://www.ruggedinbox.com/ (uses Squirrelmail; sometimes
> down).
>
> Sigaint - http://sigaint.org/ (use search for onion link).
>
> Tutanota - https://tutanota.com
>
> Unseen.is - https://www.unseen.is/ (requires secondary e-mail address;
> can be slow to load).
>
> VFEMail - https://vfemail.net/ (uses Horde).

Unless Unseen's changed policy (could be) you didn't _have_ to use a 2nd
email address.  Or could use disposable email, if they need to send
confirmation to set up an acct.
A while back, the said if you used a free acct & didn't set a 2nd email,
there'd be no way they could help you reset the PW, or unlock it if
something went wrong.
At that time, they didn't have "security questions / answers" set up to
reset a PW if you forgot or wasnt' working.
All that may've changed - or not.