[tor-talk] canvas fingerprinting

Naz Gassiep naz at gassiep.com
Tue Jun 3 06:31:17 UTC 2014

On 3/06/2014 10:55 AM, krishna e bera wrote:
> What if all the HTML5 and CSS3 calls to read back any data in
> Javascript returned null or some 5xx (not allowed) error code? Web
> pages should be a write-only media just like print. It would seem
> reasonable for a browser in "privacy mode" to implement it that way.
<pedant>
Read-only.
</pedant>

However, yes I agree that private browsing should default to read-only,
as any time you interact, you expose something of yourself, whether by
what you're responding to, how you write, or what view or opinion you
are expressing. Tor users need to be aware that any interaction while in
privacy mode is a liability, and it is proper that they have to actively
enable some option to enable interaction.
- Naz.