IP address blocked on certain site

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Wed Feb 2 22:27:19 UTC 2011

Using latest stable Vidalia / Tor bundle for Win (Vista x64).

Never really had this prob before installing latest ver, but could be
coincidence.  When using Tor/ Torbutton, only one site gave message (to
the effect) "the IP address you're using has been determined to be
abusing this site ? / server ?.  Access denied."

Then it showed the full IP address.  I could never get that site to stop
showing that same, blocked address, no matter what I did.
Tried closing the tab in Firefox.
Then tried closing Tor & Firefox, restarting.  Same msg from site, w/
same IP address shown.  Also, tried refreshing the Tor network, so all
new nodes.  Made no diff.

After doing the above (& site still showing old IP address when I opened
a new browser tab, then tried site again) I checked my ACTUAL current
exit IP address by going to a Tor check site.  As I figured, it showed a
diff IP address than the blocked site was still showing, at the very
same time as I checked at Tor check site.
Somehow that old IP address was being stored somewhere, even though it
was no longer the exit address being used in Tor network.  How / why did
the site keep showing the old address after doing all those steps?

Is there an easier way to deal w/ this problem than the many steps I
took?  Thanks.