filling a network with Tor traffic

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Mar 12 11:24:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 01:39:26PM -0500, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:38:25 +0100, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> :Any suggestions for making Tor filling up 2-3 /24 networks,
> :so that it doesn't break anything for the users?
>

> Do you mean traffic from every IP in a 2-3 /24's?  Run a few VMs, set

Yes.

> the Family option, and let lots of traffic flow.

I do not currently have the resources for 700+ VMs with a Tor
instance each. I can can fire up some 10, and rotate them
through the address space. What is the minimum useful time
for a Tor node? Hours, days? I don't want to hurt the Tor
network through pointless churn through address space but to help it.

I've received below suggestion. Does it make sense/
will it break anything with Tor?