Paid performance-tor option?

mplsfox02 at sneakemail.com mplsfox02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:04:11 UTC 2008

Arrakis:

> mplsfox02 at sneakemail.com wrote:
>>
>> macintoshzoom:
>>
>>> Sorry, just re-reading my post, I am partially wrong, JONDONYM
>>> (formerly JAP) is still running its main nodes from "compromised"
>>> countries.
>>
>> There are no "compromised" or "safe" countries as there is no
>> hostile or
>> friendly network. Any concepts based on such assumptions are doomed.

> You may care to take a look at this, specifically the
> 5th, 7th, 8th, and 9th columns. Not all countries are
> equal, especially when those countries to data
> interception and data retention themselves.
>
> http://www.privacyinternational.org/article.shtml?cmd%5B347%5D=x-347-559597

Thanks for the link. That does not contradict to what I said. Who did
this study? I cannot rely my security concept on some human estimates.
It's interesting, though. There are differences, but no country is
"dark green" or even "cyan". This study is more a journalistic than a
scientific one, since the information it is based on is not always
comparable and does not represent all the characteristics that are
important for privacy. Maybe Greece is just better in hiding the
breaches?