[ANNOUNCE] Incognito CD/USB 20070824.1 released

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Sep 18 06:26:54 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I've been absent the past few weeks, and it looks like the list has
gotten very, er, exciting in that short time. I'll try to bring a bit
more signal/noise ratio back to it now that I'm back.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 01:01:20AM -0500, Scott Bennett wrote:
> >Zitat von Ano Nymous <justiceftw at gmail.com>:
> >> I hope this is the right place to ask this question. If not, please
> >> point me to the right one!
>
>      It definitely is not.  I would recommend not following up to this list,
> but you and/or Mr. Hluchnik are welcome to email me directly.  A more
> appropriate place would be one of the LINUX lists or one of the lists for X.org
> or XFree86, as the case may be.

[snip]

> >> it looks like its a problem with the video card driver, maybe? which
> >> is weird because incognito detects my video card correctly. it not
>
>      What is "incognito" in this context?

Incognito, in this context, is the subject of this thread that you
are participating in:
http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Sep-2007/threads.html#00037

People who are rude have to be extra-careful to be both correct and
useful; otherwise they just contribute to the problem. :(

As to whether user support for Incognito is on-topic for or-talk, let's
find out whether Pat wants to deal with it here, and whether it's one
user per month or hundreds.

Thanks,
--Roger