What will happen to Tor after the new German data retention law takes effect?

Smuggler smuggler at kryptohippie.com
Thu Jun 14 14:07:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 07:51:11AM -0500, Arrakis wrote:
> Expect crickets. The fines will be 500,000 Euro + 2 years prison for

Actually it is a up to 500k EURO fine for the company/organisation and
additionally up to 1 year in prison for the directors/managers of the
company.

> For providers failing to comply, I would think. Not for small-time
> amateurs like us. But, I don't want to find this out the hard way,
> in person.

The law says "anyone providing telecommunication services to the public".
There is no mention of organisational form, number of users, profit
motive or anything else.