Broadband Reports: Tor Network Bogged Down by P2P

loki tiwaz loki_tiwaz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:14:48 UTC 2005

hi,

i run my tor server from a connection which only has 32k/s upstream
bandwidth, and the minimum speed demanded of tor servers makes quite a load
on my connection. it is my opinion that there should be the option to run a
tor node as slow as 10k/s, and this was possible until recent versions. the
bandwidth problem will be solved if all tor clients are obliged to run nodes
at a minimum of 10k/s imo. fair enough dialup users should not have to
contribute anything but anyone with dsl can do 10k/s comfortably.

loki