Why TOR Operators SHOULD always sniff their exit traffic...

tor tor at algae-world.com
Wed Jun 8 19:51:04 UTC 2005

gee this just hit slashdot a while ago...

yet another reason sniffing is a GOOD thing for tor operators...

*Schneier on Attack Trends: More Complex Worms*
Worms <http://slashdot.org/search.pl?topic=220>

*Posted by timothy <http://www.monkey.org/%7Etimothy/> on Wednesday June
08, @12:39AM*
*from the malice-on-the-loose dept.*
Gary W. Longsine <http://intrinsicsecurity.com/> writes /"Bruce Schneier
has posted an interesting entry on expected attack trends
<http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/06/attack_trends_2.html> to
his blog. Of particular interest is the increasing sophistication of
automated worm-based attacks. He cites the developing W32.spybot.KEG
<http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.keg.html> worm --
once inside a network it scans for several vulnerabilities and reports
its findings via IRC. Trend Micro also has information on a
scanning-capable version of this worm, which they call: WORM_SPYBOT.ID
<http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_SPYBOT.ID>"/