TorDNS fixed

Wilson cwilson352 at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 12 00:09:23 UTC 2005

Void Beast wrote:

> Tried running your program... Appears to be busted?
> It just beeps at me angrily, and closes within half a second of
> opening it.
>
> Beast
>

> Wilson wrote:
>
>> Sorry for all the threads, anyways......
>>
>> I had to fix something in TorDNS, it was not waiting long enough to
>> resolve hostnames, it should
>> be fixed now..... TorDNS v1.3b
>>
>> http://sandos.ath.cx/~badger/tordns.html
>>
>> p.s. This program is the bomb, fast DNS resolvement through Tor, like
>> an isp name server...
>>
>> C. Wilson
>>
> Tried running your program... Appears to be busted?
>
> It just beeps at me angrily, and closes within half a second of
> opening it.

That is because you did not set it up properly..... you need to change
your DNS network
settings to localhost....primary  DNS changed to localhost (usually
127.0.0.1) and seconday
DNS you leave blank, so windows does not attempt to connect to any other
DNS server
but TorDNS.

Program works great for me :)