[tor-reports] George's status report: June 2015

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Jul 23 13:56:03 UTC 2015

# Activities of June 2015

- Published a report on the statistics we collected on hidden service
  descriptor and introduction point statistics. Hopefully you find it
  interesting: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-July/009109.html

  We can also post it as a blog post, if people like it.

- Helped Donncha with onionbalance. Did some code review and testing,
  and suggested ways to move forward. An alpha was recently released
  which is exciting: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2015-July/038312.html
  More work is being done as we speak.

- Helped review on #4862, which refactored the introduction point
  selection code of Tor. The patch is now merged in Tor which is
  great.

  Also, helped review #16400, which was a weird assert bug when
  parsing microdescriptors.

  Opened a trac ticket on hidden services & mobile (#16387) inspired
  by a recent [tor-dev] thread.

# Activities for July 2015

- Attend the hidden service hackfest in the beginning of July.

- Work on the guardfraction dirauth bug that is a blocker (#16255).

- Review #14846, #16260, #15588.

- Work on guards and guard data structures some more.