[tor-reports] Sukhbir's October 2014

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir at torproject.org
Sat Nov 1 13:41:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

In October, I worked on the following:

* Tor Messenger

  - Resumed work on the Tor Messenger with Arlo and Nicolas.

  - Worked on the following tickets (completed):

        #10949, #11174, #10937, #13321, #13323, #10940, #10939

  - Also worked on these tickets (in progress):

        #13322, #10946, #10950, #10944, #13618

  - Worked on the build infrastructure with Nicolas (discussions and
    general bug fixing.)

  - Dogfooded Instantbird with Arlo. We really like Instantbird and are
    happy with our decision of using it for Tor Messenger.

* GetTor

  - Discussed and tested the new GetTor code by our Summer of Code
    student, Israel Leiva, who has re-written it from scratch. We have
    been testing it internally and deployment on getulum.torproject.org
    is scheduled in the coming weeks.

* TorBirdy

  - Released TorBirdy 0.1.3 (fourth beta release) [0] with Jake. Among
    other things (see the changelog), this release fixes a leak in
    Thunderbird (reported by tagnaq) where the system language is
    revealed through the reply_header.

[0] -
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/torbirdy-013-our-fourth-beta-release

--