[tor-reports] Lunar's report for October 2013

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Fri Nov 1 12:05:56 UTC 2013

For October, my plans were:

> Handle support requests in French.

Done for 12 tickets. Also did 55 tickets in the English queue and sorted
out 101 spam tickets.

> Work on improving French translations.

I've harmonized BridgeDB strings but no further progress on reviewing
other strings.

> Work on Tor Weekly News.

Done. Wrote for issues #13, #14, #15, #16, #17. Acted as editor for #14,
#15, #16, #17. All October issues are on blog.torproject.org.

Other than that, I took care of backporting pyptlib and obfsproxy for
all the versions of Debian and Ubuntu supported by deb.torproject.org,
except discontinuing Ubuntu Lucid (as the of python-crypto is too old).

Did some more work (updated Parsley and txsocksx) and reviews on getting
OONI packages for Debian (#8506). Something now needs to be decided by
the OONI team regarding how they want to handle volatile data.

Did shallow reviews and tests on dkm's updates to TorDNSEL (#9419, also
#9204).

Helped a little bit on getting torsocks' rewrite to become the official
codebase.

Attended several Otter meetings. Most visible contribution being working
on the future webchat system for support:
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Otter/Boisterous/WebChat>

At some point in the second half of October I started to feel emotional
discomfort and overwhelming feelings of despair. This is still ongoing.
It's far from being the first time, so I'm having some experience on how
to handle it but this makes me far less reliable than I like to be.
Hence I'm not committing to anything else for November than trying to
get better. Everything else will be done on a best effort basis.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>