[tor-relays] Relay in Japan being marked as a US relay?

Martin Gebhardt martin at sdf.org
Thu Jan 18 21:03:20 UTC 2024

Hello,

unfortunately this happens more often. you are not alone :-)

> Am 18.01.2024 um 20:50 schrieb NodNet <tor at nodnetwork.org>:
>
> I think tor and Tor Project use IPFire's DB for GeoIP lookups, and 198.13.48.219 shows the following:

Yes, libloc/location is used. I had the same problem with one or two relays years ago. This was then fixed by a manual override.

This is currently also the case with 3 of my relays (37.252.255.135 / 37.252.254.33 / 217.146.2.41)

However, I can't explain why. Because the hoster has a geofeed (https://opengeofeed.org/feed/as42473.html) and RIPE also has the correct country information.

In any case, it is not so important to me that it is correct in the metrics. But it would be nice.

Maybe I'll get round to mentioning it again on the location mailing list soon.

Ahoy, Martin