[tor-relays] I need a new VPS provider

Landon reply at mynetblog.com
Mon Apr 22 01:02:21 UTC 2024

Hello,

I am currently using gcore.com as my VPS hosting provider. I have been
running a Tor bridge with them for several years now. I am supposed to be
getting 200 Mbps unmetered bandwidth. However, in the past six months, my
bandwidth usage has been declining a lot. It seems like they might be
throttling my server. I was getting over 2000 connected clients and now I'm
down to less than 600. "iftop" shows me about 30 to 60 Mbps bandwidth usage
during any time of the day. Take a look...

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/4A0B065DB3CF807C6910DFEF6D9CCCB95C59C585

So, I am trying to find a Tor friendly VPS provider that offers 1 Gbps
unmetered bandwidth. I found my current provider in an article describing
Tor friendly providers, but I cannot locate that link.

I am currently paying about 15 Euros a month for a server with 2 cores, 4
GB RAM and 100 GB SSD. I would like to pay about the same for my new
service. In my search, I have found some better providers, but they don't
seem to be Tor friendly.

Do you have a good provider that you really like that offers inexpensive
VPS? I would prefer one located in the USA if possible, but I guess it
doesn't matter if the bandwidth is good.

Landon