[tor-relays] issues with tor rpm : anyone sees what I am doing wrong ?

Carlos eff_03675549 at posteo.se
Mon Apr 8 20:51:38 UTC 2024

Hi,

lacking competence or support to build bridges under DEBIAN 12, I tried
FEDORA and this feeeeeels cool.

Yep yet this worry some message :

Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'tor':

   - Status code: 404 for
https://rpm.torproject.org/fedora/repodata/repomd.xml (IP:
2620:7:6002:0:466:39ff:fe7f:1826)

Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'tor': Cannot download
repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

here is my bash script before the error that I find absolutely fine...
kindly prove me wrong, please.

Carlos.

(would PGP encryption make sense when sending these types of emails to
tor-relays at lists.torproject.org ?   can't see the mailing list PGP
publicly)

dnf update
dnf install dnf-automatic -y
systemctl enable --now dnf-automatic-install.timer

echo "[tor]" > /etc/yum.repos.d/Tor.repo
echo "name=Tor for Fedora $releasever - $basearch" >>
/etc/yum.repos.d/Tor.repo
echo "baseurl=https://rpm.torproject.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch"
 >> /etc/yum.repos.d/Tor.repo
echo "enabled=1" >> /etc/yum.repos.d/Tor.repo
echo "gpgcheck=1" >> /etc/yum.repos.d/Tor.repo
echo "gpgkey=https://rpm.torproject.org/fedora/public_gpg.key" >>
/etc/yum.repos.d/Tor.repo
echo "cost=100" >> /etc/yum.repos.d/Tor.repo

dnf install tor -y
dnf install obfs4 -y

--
PGP updated every second week : please actualize our communication every time.