[tor-relays] Tor project helping to attempt to cancel Richard Stallman

Jeffrey Cliff jeffrey.cliff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 02:06:48 UTC 2021

I've been running a relay/exit node for many years.  Tor user since ~2004.
To the extent that my voice means anything at all here, I would like to
strongly condemn the Tor project joining the attempt to cancel Richard
Stallman.  Stallman represents software freedom to me generally and as of
today I will be shutting down my exit node in protest of this action by the
Tor Project.

I hope the rest of you out there, who depend every day on GNU project code
which would not exist without RMS's project, might consider joining me.

Jeff Cliff

former tor exit node admin