[tor-relays] Guard flag got removed after only 48 hours of downtime.

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Sat Aug 1 11:24:36 UTC 2020

On 31.07.2020 14:41, William Kane wrote:

> That was very informative and educational compared to the other
> replies.
+1

On 29.07.2020 05:21, ECAN - Matt Westfall wrote:
> Yeah you wouldn't want to instantly throw a relay the Guard flag back
> after any kind of down time, because the whole point of a Guard is
> primarily stability.
>
> If a Guard drops off line for even 10 minutes, there's no way to know
> why.

Is there a (few seconds downtime) threshold , if you reboot after kernel
upgrades?

I try to limit the reboots and usually wait until a Tor and kernel
upgrade has come out.
Of course, I'm not waiting for reboots in the event of serious security
vulnerabilities that apply to my system.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!