[tor-relays] Blutmagie retired

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Wed Nov 14 14:55:52 UTC 2018

Am 14.11.2018 um 15:20 schrieb Zack Weinberg:

> Please don't. Ad services are far too often used to distribute
> malware.  Some kind of community-funding jar would be much safer.
> (Patreon, ko.fi, etc).

https://torstatus.blutmagie.de is resurrected :-) Today I spend the
amount of 17 USD for a new ssl certificate. Next step is to negotiate
more ram with my Russian provider. 2 GB working set became too small for
the mysql db and about 30-50 concurrent Apache processes.

regarding ads:

I would have to pay income tax for revenues generated with ad services.
No kidding! German tax offices are Legion. They do not forgive. They do
not forget.

By the way, what is wrong with https://torstatus.rueckgr.at? Basically
this site provides the same information as blutmagie.

Olaf