[tor-relays] Bridge not being used

Joel Cretan jcretan at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:01:37 UTC 2017

Thanks, I've seen this come up before but couldn't find a good recent
answer. That one helps.

The longstanding advice has been to run a relay if you have enough
bandwidth, and a bridge if you only have a tiny bit. It seemed to me that
larger bridges could help people who need them, but maybe this wouldn't
help many people if the bandwidth isn't taken into account when handing
them out. Is there an anonymity benefit to doing this randomly, rather than
weighting the probability by bandwidth?