[tor-relays] Recent wave of abuse on Tor guards

Stijn Jonker sjcjonker at sjc.nl
Fri Dec 22 16:37:50 UTC 2017

All,

Just adding 0.02c; from the hosts going above 24 connections (my FW
limit), the ASN's involved seem to focus on:
    5  LEASEWEB-USA-WDC-01 - Leaseweb USA, Inc., US
   18  OVH, FR
   25  LEASEWEB-NL-AMS-01 Netherlands, NL

That's 48 from the 72 IP's exhibiting this behaviour. Whereby the
leaseweb ones are consecutive IP's.

Careful not to share IP's here :-)

All seen from the perspective of SJC01 /
328E54981C6DDD7D89B89E418724A4A7881E3192

Stijn

On 22 Dec 2017, at 16:49, Pascal Terjan wrote:

> I got also 17 from ovh (under ip-54-36-51.eu) and plenty of
> leaseweb.com (didn't count) too but no  your-server.de
>
> The OVH ones were interestingly 2 (nearby) consecutive blocks of 4 and
> 13 IPs (and are not relays)
>

> On 22 December 2017 at 15:23, Tyler Johnson <tylrcjhnsn at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Every IP I was checking through Atlas which are part of the mentioned
>> hosts
>> were NOT relays, all client connections.
>>
>> On Dec 22, 2017 9:20 AM, "niftybunny" <abuse at to-surf-and-protect.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thats “only” “relays” with multiple connections to your
>>> relay?
>>> Interesting to see Hetzner there …
>>>
>>> Markus
>>>

>>> On 22. Dec 2017, at 16:14, Tyler Johnson <tylrcjhnsn at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Out off 133 IPs blocked with my rather aggressive firewall ruleset:
>>>
>>> leaseweb.com - 26
>>> your-server.de - 66